Monday, January 25, 2010

Still Making (Slow) Progress

It seems that I can always find some excuse not to stare into the computer when I get home from work...doing laundry, sometimes even cooking dinner. But tonight I managed to consolidate some of the PHP scripts driving the site and feel like I got something useful done. I will never be a great PHP programmer, and it may well be that other techniques such as AJAX (I bought a book called "Ajax in Ten Minutes" but that is clearly fictional for me) may be the better way to go, but such is life in the technology lane.

Google has already indexed some of my pages, but I suppose it's okay to get a head start even if most of the site is still missing in action. I've decided that the mobile devices of the future will likely be of the same ilk as the iPhone, which works for me since I have an iPod Touch. The site looks pretty good there since you can zoom in and to read down just one column, yet slip around pretty easily to see the others. Check it out and let me know what you think: www.hikelookout.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment